Dental cleanings and exams are key to keeping your smile healthy. These two basic preventative treatments are vital for minimizing your risk of tooth decay, periodontal disease and other dental problems, and allow our dentists and team to monitor your oral health so that you can receive prompt treatment for any problems which do occur.
We recommend that you visit Great White Dental every six months for a dental cleaning and exam. During these routine checkups, our dentists and hygienist will:
- Thoroughly clean your teeth to remove plaque and tartar
- Floss and polish your teeth
- Review your oral hygiene to make sure you have an effective home care routine
- Examine your mouth for any signs of damaging dental conditions or disease, including tooth decay, periodontal disease and oral cancer
- Take any necessary X-rays to further examine your teeth and supporting structures
Depending on your individual needs, we may recommend that you visit us more frequently. We also encourage you to contact us as soon as possible if you require emergency dental care.
We invite you to request an appointment or call us at 210-853-5600 for more information about dental cleanings and exams in San Antonio, Texas, and to schedule your appointment with Dr. Alejandro Martinez or Dr. Sarah McMahan. We look forward to helping you achieve and maintain a healthy smile.