Our dentists and team at Great White Dental use advanced CEREC technology to provide same-day dentistry so that you can leave our office with a smile. This state-of-the-art device uses CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing) technology to design and create a variety of restorations that fit your teeth perfectly to fully restore and enhance your smile. CEREC is most frequently used to provide same-day dental crowns to restore your teeth and smile.
CEREC technology makes it easy for us to provide custom-made, high-quality restorations in a single visit. Traditional dental crowns require at least two visits to complete the restoration. CEREC eliminates this wait time and the discomfort of temporary restorations by using advanced scanning technology to create a digital impression, design your restoration and mill your crown.
The CEREC process is simple. Our dentists will:
• Examine your teeth to ensure that a crown is the right option for you.
• Remove any weakened, decayed or broken tooth material
• Use the scanning technology to capture a digital picture of your mouth
• Convert that picture into a 3D model
• Create a restoration based on the model
• Mill your crown from a block of high-quality porcelain matched to the natural shade of your teeth
Your final crown will be milled in a matter of minutes, and our dentists will place it in your mouth, check that it fits correctly and bond it into place.
For more information about CEREC technology and same-day dental crowns in San Antonio, Texas, please contact our office at 210-468-3360.